Social Security Programs
Following is a list of programs available for disabled individuals under the Social Security Administration. The Cavanaugh Law Firm assists in obtaining benefits for applicants in all of these programs.
Social Security Disability Insurance (DIB):
- An individual should have worked under Social Security for a certain amount of time, 20 out of the last 40 quarters (five of the last 10 years) to be eligible for SSDI benefits.
- Depending on your age, education, and past work history there are varying levels of difficulty in obtaining disability benefits.
- These benefits begin after a five month waiting period starting at the onset of the disability.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI):
- United States citizens and individuals of an approved alien category with limited income and resources are eligible for SSI.
- The benefits from SSI begin a month from date the claim was filed or from the date the individual became eligible for SSI benefits.
Disabled widows benefits (DWB):
- Some disabled widows are eligible for benefits earned by their spouse during the spouses’ lifetime.
Child Supplemental Security Income (Child SSI):
- Children have a different standard for disability because they do not work, however if they meet the listings as defined in the regulation they may be entitled to disability benefits.
The Cavanaugh Law Firm is knowledgeable, experienced and resourceful. We understand how long the process of acceptance can take and do our best to hasten it. We not only ensure that the client’s paper work is correct and complete, but also make sure that no error is made by any government clerk, when reviewing the application.
Our firm will ensure that you don’t needlessly wait in long lines at government offices or worry about your paper work.
The Cavanaugh Law Firm provides services to the residents from Scottsbluff, Kearney, Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska to Council Bluffs, Sioux City, Creston, and Des Moines, Iowa.
Our Social Security Disability Attorneys are sustaining members of the National Association of Social Security Claimants Representatives, a nationwide group of experts in Social Security Disability law.
Collectively our attorneys have over 30 years of experience in handling Social Security Disability claims.